So, I was kind of bone-headed last month. I’ve been the key speaker at our Sunday night services and I decided the first Sunday in January to teach about keeping resolutions.
Here is what I told people I wanted to do this year:
1) Read through the entire Bible (everyday) by December 31. I’m using one of the plans offered on my iPad Bible app that actually is taking me chronologically through the Bible this year.
2) Write 26 blog posts (1 every 2 weeks) by December 31.
3) Disciple 2 more guys this year every other week, beginning April 8, 2013.
4) Share my faith with 12 people (1/month) by December 31.
5) Drop my BMI 3 points by December 31. (Currently 24.3; want it to be 21.3)
Well, let me update you on how I’m doing so far…
I am doing great with reading the Bible daily. Kimberly and I are holding each other pretty accountable to this – asking before we go to bed if we’ve read yet and, if not, getting it done. We are both reading a chronological account, which has been a fresh approach for both of us. We are also reading a different translation than we typically read – the English Standard Version (ESV).
Blog posts? Well, you’ll figure out pretty quick that this is my first post since August 2012, so I’m off to a slow start. However, it not impossible to catch up. So, here’s hoping that I’ll write another one later this week or next week to get on track.
No progress on goals 3 and 4 other than making them both a matter of daily prayer. I’ve told several people about these goals, so I actually have them praying for ME in this endeavor. Isn’t that pretty cool? Having people praying for you to have opportunities to share your faith?? Those are exactly the relationships we need to have in our lives.
As far as the BMI goal, I’m working on it. Ran a marathon in January so that has to count for something!
I’d love to hear about your goals for 2013 so feel free to post something about them on Twitter or Facebook. Let’s help each other this year!